Hong Kong may be celebrated as a concrete jungle, but as any real Hong Konger knows, it is our gorgeous countryside that is the real star attraction. And to see it, all you have to do is get out there! The most wonderful thing about Hong Kong trails is that they’re very accessible. Whether it is the wildly popular Dragon’s Back or a more challenging night hike in Lion Rock, they’re all easily reachable from the city.
Here are a few of our favourite outdoor activities, we are sure you will like them as much as we do!
Sai Kung Deserted Beach Hike
– Meet at Hang Hau MTR and travel to trail (approx. 1 hour)
– High Island Reservoir East Dam
– MacLehose Trail, passing through Long Ke Wan, Sai Wan Shan, Sai Wan and Ham Tin Wan
– Ham Tin Wan, lunch at a local café
– MacLehose Trail, passing through Chek Kang and Pak Tam Au
– Pak Tam Au and return to the city (approx. 1.5 hour)
This is an eight hours tour finishing at Hang Hau MTR station.
Sunset Lion Rock Hike & Walled City
To every local in Hong Kong, the only peak that represents Hong Kong has to be Lion Rock. Often associated as the perseverance and Can-Do spirit of Hong Konger, Lion Rock is featured repeatedly for its meaning to the locals. To us, this is the best hike with city view.
– Meet at Wong Tai Sin MTR and head to Lion Rock
– Lion Rock Country Park, passing through Lion Rock
– Lion Rock, wait to see the city glow during sunset
– Lion Rock, use headlight to hike back to the city
– Kowloon Walled City, a short walk through the courthouse & its history
– Kowloon City, dine at a local Chinese restaurant
This is a five hours tour finishing at the Kowloon City district. If this tour is combined with Private Kowloon Tour, we will consider this as a four hours tour.
New Territories Biking to Plover Cove Reservoir
Starting at Tai Wai, this route takes you through Hong Kong’s most picturesque cycling route. The best part of the route is at the end – Plover Cove Reservoir, where you can bike on top of a stretch of 2km long dam at one of the most remote area in Hong Kong!
– Meet at Mong Kok East MTR station and head to bike shop
– Tai Wai, pick up bikes and start biking together
– Tang Tai Uk, one of the few remaining indigenous houses in Hong Kong
– Science Park, a quick tour at Science Park
– Tze Shan Monastery, we will pass by this beautiful Buddha statue
– Plover Cove Reservoir, relax at the dam and enjoy the sunset
This is a five hours tour finishing at Tai Po Market MTR station. If this tour is combined with Private Kowloon Tour, we will consider this as a four hours tour.
Tour Fee: HKD 400 per hour for a group of 2. Additional HKD 50 per hour for each additional person. Kids younger than 13 travels free! 1 hour is added for Hotel Pickup (except Airport Hotels), 1.5 hour is added for meeting at Airport Arrival Hall (and Airport Hotels).
Itinerary: The actual itinerary may be adjusted to reflect the opening hours of the attractions. We are also happy to adjust the itinerary to your preference as long as it falls within the tour duration.
Luggage Handling: If you need to store your luggage, there is a baggage storage facility next to Arrival Hall A. More information here.
Exclusion: Fee does not include cost of food and transportation.
Weather Cancellation: Please note the tour may be canceled if typhoon signal 8 or red/black rain signal is hoisted. 100% refund it will be provided for weather cancellation.
General Cancellation: 100% refund will be provided if cancellation is made more than 7 days in advance. 50% refund otherwise.