You should do a layover tour if you only got several hours and you want to get the most out of your time! With the world class subway Airport Express, Hong Kong International Airport is only 30 minutes away from the city center, it means you will get more time to tour around and visit the extra attraction you would not leave without!
When you book a layover tour, we will send you a bullet point instruction from storing your luggage, taking the Airport Express, to meeting your guide in the city center. Alternatively, you can simply select “Airport” as the meeting point and we will pick you up at the arrival hall!
Please note you should schedule a layover tour to start one hour after your flight arrival time and finish at least two hours before your flight departure time. This will allow time to catch your connecting flight.
Layover City Tour
If you want to see the more intimate side of the city, you can choose the cottage industries itinerary to see how some people has become the last master of their own trade, or you can choose the subdivided housing itinerary to see how crazy house price forces people to live in inadequate housing.
– Meet at Hong Kong Station
– Victoria Peak (option to go to the observation deck or Lugard Road)
– Take Peak Tram back to the Financial District
– Visit the Financial District (Government Hill, HSBC, Statue Square, Final Court of Appeal, HKMA)
– Graham Street Market, visit a few food stores at an open air market
– Man Mo Temple, Taoism & a short lesson on the rituals in a Chinese temple
– Lunch at either a traditional tea house, or tasting at several eateries
– Flower Market, history of flower market and Boundary Street
– Bird Market, a Hong Kong flu that shocked the world
– Gold Fish Market, how they survive the high rental price in the center of Mong Kok?
This is a six hours tour finishing at Ladies Market.You can extend this tour by adding:
– Visit several cottage industries in Sai Ying Pun & Sheung Wan (+1 hour)
– Visit a subdivided unit and visit a local wet market in Sham Shui Po (+1 hour)
Layover Lantau Tour
When the Big Buddha was built in 1992, the only way you can get there was taking a ferry to Mui Wo then hike three hours through Lantau Peak and Sunset Peak. Seeing the Big Buddha was as mush a spiritual endeavor as an intensive exercise itself.
Things have changed. Traffic was brought to Lantau Island when the Airport, MTR (subway), and highway were completed in 2005. Then the cable car (Ngong Ping 360) completed in 2006 turned Lantau into a tourist attraction!
With this convenient, Big Buddha is now only a 15 minutes bus & a cable car ride away from the airport!
– Meet at Tung Chung MTR station
– Take Ngong Ping 360 cable car to Ngong Ping village
– Visit Big Buddha, hear the story of how it was built and the economics of religion in HK
– Po Lin Monastery, Buddism and how architecture is integrated into the belief system
– Take a bus to the Tai O fishing Village
– Chinese lunch near the Tai O fishing village
– Tour around Tai O (Fishing village stilt houses, Tai O heritage Police Station, panoramic view of HK-ZhuHai-Macao Bridge)
– Ferry or Bus back to the city
This is a seven hours tour finishing at Tung Chung MTR station. We take only the single journey (not return) cable car in this tour, click here for more detail.
Tour Fee: HKD 400 per hour for a group of 2. Additional HKD 50 per hour for each additional person. Kids younger than 13 travels free! 1 hour is added for Hotel Pickup (except Airport Hotels), 1.5 hour is added for meeting at Airport Arrival Hall (and Airport Hotels).
Itinerary: The actual itinerary may be adjusted to reflect the opening hours of the attractions. We are also happy to adjust the itinerary to your preference as long as it falls within the tour duration.
Luggage Handling: If you need to store your luggage, there is a baggage storage facility next to Arrival Hall A. More information here.
Exclusion: Fee does not include cost of food and transportation.
Weather Cancellation: Please note the tour may be canceled if typhoon signal 8 or red/black rain signal is hoisted. 100% refund it will be provided for weather cancellation.
General Cancellation: 100% refund will be provided if cancellation is made more than 7 days in advance. 50% refund otherwise.